This article covers how to create a service in Pabau.
Setting up your services properly is essential to managing your diary properly.
Feel free to check out our Pabau Academy video on creating a service.
- In the left sidebar, go to Setup > Products & Services > Services.
- Click on New Service in the top right corner.
- Now, you must select what type of service you want to create. There are three types:
Service- your bread and butter, services limited to a single client.
Virtual- appointments carried out through Pabau's online video conferencing.
Class- appointments intended for more than one person.
- In the general tab, input the service details. There are several fields you'll need to populate:
Service name- this name will be visible to clients, so make sure it's accurate.
Service code- this is optional.
Category- the category that this service belongs to. To learn more about categories, read our create a category article.
Appointment colour- appointments related to this service will appear in the calendar with the colour of your choice.
Image- this image will appear in the Point of Sale terminal. You can either upload from your device or choose from the library.
- In the Assign tab, you can select which locations this service is available in, and what staff members can perform this service.
- In the Pricing tab, first select if the service is:
Book & Sell- available both to be booked in the calendar and sold in the point of sale terminal.
Book- available to be booked in the calendar but not sold in the point of sale terminal.
Sell- available to be sold in the point of sale terminal but not booked in the calendar.
- Input the service price. The currency is based on the one you've selected in your business details.
- Select the service duration. Appointments created for this service will default to this duration but can be adjusted when booking an appointment. Have a look at our article on how to book an appointment to learn more.
- Select the tax for this service.
- Lastly, you can also choose to add a required deposit or payment as part of the booking process for this service.
This deposit can be set to apply either to all appointments or only online bookings.
- In the upper right corner, make sure the Active toggle is enabled, and click on Create.
The service is created.